Backstreet Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum destiné aux Backstreet Boys - Forum intended for Backstreet Boys

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Eve
Admin
Admin
Mary-Eve

Number of posts : 11517
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column Empty
PostSubject: Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column   Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep - 17:45

I very much enjoyed the Backstreet Boys concert and appreciated their visit to Sudbury.

I find it insulting to be referred to as a "boy band fanatic" and a "squealing teenager bounding around the arena." What's wrong with being excited and cheering for a band that has been together for 15 years? It almost sounded like I was being criticized. But the criticism I received, along with much of Sudbury's teenage population which also attended the concert, was nothing compared to the insults and put-downs that were written about the Backstreet Boys themselves.

Yes, it is true that their dance moves were a bit nostalgic at times, but it wooed the audience and showed everyone a good time. Their dances were far from overly sexual. It was for our entertainment. Would it have been better if the audience stood there silently throughout the entire show, waiting for it to end? I think not. If BSB's style is not your taste, then simply don't attend their concert, much less ridicule them in the newspaper.

Sudbury is yet to become a very well-known major city, and it amazes me that an ultra famous pop band such as BSB would ever come here to perform. Therefore, after watching such an energetic and unforgettable performance, I find it bewildering to read such a mocking article. Sudbury should be honoured, instead of practically shooing them away. If I were a member of the Backstreet Boys, I would never return to Sudbury after being so belittled in an article.

I am very disappointed to see that one person's negative opinion represented the entire city of Sudbury. Being a member of the audience at the concert, I saw with my own eyes how entertaining BSB was, and I think 99 per cent of the crowd would agree with me that it was sensational. The band was well deserving of the 10-minute long standing ovation.

Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I believe that a respectable newspaper such as The Sudbury Star should have more regard for the entertainment interests of its people. It should be more supportive of such a superior pop band, and keep in mind its ethics when judging one.

SOURCE : Incomplete Men

PS: Traduction sur demande !
Back to top Go down
https://backstreet-memories.rpg-board.net
Sandra
Cralwing Back To You
Cralwing Back To You
Sandra

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column   Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep - 19:04

Merci. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Backstreet Boys review was too nasty in column
Page 1 of 1