AuthorMessage
Mary-Eve
Admin
Admin
Mary-Eve

Number of posts : 11517
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Celebrities Send Messages Of Support For Earth Hour Empty
PostSubject: Celebrities Send Messages Of Support For Earth Hour   Celebrities Send Messages Of Support For Earth Hour Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar - 23:31

March 27, 2009 - Friday 11:27 AM
Celebrities Send Messages Of Support For Earth Hour

March 27, 2009 by Tim Saunders

This Saturday, March 28, will mark Earth Hour, an initiative of the WWF in which people around the world are being encouraged to switch their lights off between 8:30 and 9:30pm in a bid to reach the target of one billion people who are committed to fighting climate change.

Earth Hour has grown from a single event in Sydney, Australia, in March 2007 to a global phenomenon that will change the way the world sees climate change. On March 31, 2007, over 2.2 million people and 2,100 corporations in Sydney turned their lights off for an hour, creating an energy saving of 10.2% – that’s roughly the same as taking 48,000 cars off the road!

A number of celebrities have thrown their support behind the initiative and have spoken about its importance:

* Backstreet Boys: “The Backstreet Boys are proud and excited to be a part of Earth Hour 2009. It is absolutely inspiring for the four of us to come together with millions of people from all over the globe for such an important and monumental cause. On March 28th at 8:30pm, put in your vote to take action against the climate crisis. Get creative for an hour. Turn off your bedroom lights and light some candles. Unplug the electric and serenade your sweetheart with an acoustic guitar ballad instead. Forget the microwave and indulge on that huge bowl of Captain Crunch you’ve been craving. You know that’s what we’ll be doing. Not necessarily in that order though.”

Other celebrities who have shown their support for the initiative include Coldplay, Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, Larry Flynt, Amy Grant, The Veronicas, Vince Gill, Cate Blanchett, Janeane Garofalo and Alanis Morissette.

looktothestars

PS: Traductions seulement sur votre demande !

Love is when I'm with you ... Cauz, my reason is you... I cannot breath A seconde
without you That's much i know Nothing eles ... Be my life, my world
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://backstreet-memories.superforum.fr

Page 1 of 1