Backstreet Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum destiné aux Backstreet Boys - Forum intended for Backstreet Boys

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Backstreet Boys take a trip into the unknown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Letty
Modo
Modo
Letty

Number of posts : 1317
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Backstreet Boys take a trip into the unknown Empty
PostSubject: Backstreet Boys take a trip into the unknown   Backstreet Boys take a trip into the unknown Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct - 8:08

Backstreet Boys take a trip into the unknown
By
TEGAN CHAPMAN

Entetainment Editor

Backstreet Boys take a trip into the unknown Jfccog

THIS Is Us is a foray into the unknown for former pop kings the Backstreet Boys.
The foursome has been working with many of the top writers and producers currently on the scene including the man behind Lady Gaga - RedOne.

This Is Us is the seventh studio album from the Backstreet Boys, and it will be their second album since becoming a four-piece.

On the album, the group have reunited with previous collaborator and producer Max Martin, who was responsible for the previous hit I Want It That Way to try and create their best record since their 1999 worldwide smash hit album Millennium.

This is a much more upbeat album than their last two, but is much more of a trip outside the boy's pop comfort zone.

Few songs sound like classic BSB songs - the amazing Straight Through My Heart and amazing power ballad Shattered are the nearest to the boys old-school sound, but the majority of the album draws on the dance/R&B sounds that the current charts can't seem to get enough of.

All of Your Life is a fantastic song, Masquerade is very catchy, and If I Knew Then gives AJ his chance to shine.

PDA - public display of affection is one of the weaker songs on the album, but will probably grow after a few more listens.

While title track This Is Us has received mixed reviews so far, it is one of my favourite songs on the album because of the nice musical undertones.

The 'boys' may be older (but not old!) but they can still sing and dance just like they could when they were a huge hit in the 90s.

The Backstreet Boys have proven their longevity by creating seven albums, and show no signs of slowing down yet.

Tracklisting:
1. Straight Through My Heart
2. Bigger
3. Bye Bye Love
4. All Of Your Life (You Need Love)
5. If I Knew Then
6. This Is Us
7. PDA
8. Masquerade
9. She's A Dream
10. Shattered
11. Undone